Sunday, November 4, 2012

Get Thee Outdoors!


Inspiration in Animal Kingdom

A dear friend and doula once told me "You birth how you live." Deep reflection of this has me realizing that I am not living in a way that I want to birth... I have not made time for all of the things that are important to me besides birth. Birth has become all-consuming and that's not a bad thing because I LOVE IT... but I need to be outdoors, with animals, with trees, farming, hiking, kayaking, planting. I've got to return to my primal roots of simplicity, joy and awe of nature, wonderment. I need to explore! I need to become more self-sufficient and lead a more sustainable lifestyle. I need to find a bit of rural sanctuary and bring my dream of life on a hobby farm into this very urban atmosphere. I need to blend birth into my life in a balanced way, and I need to make being on the trails and mountains, in the rivers, a focus and priority as I have wanted to do for years. It's time.

I'm excited to have this page as motivation to seek out opportunities, challenges, adventures and warmth, as well as to share my experiences with pregnancy and birth. I'm glad you stopped by and hope you'll share interesting people, places and things with me- I'm always seeking new adventures!


No comments:

Post a Comment